Soliant Health is seeking a Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) in the St. Louis area for the duration of the school year. We have a total of 18 students within our Early Childhood Center and at K-12 that have minutes for VI services.
- Assess classroom environment and implement necessary changes to improve quality of communication between visually impaired students and their teachers/classmates
- Ability to work one-on-one with a student to help reach projected goals
- Evaluate and modify instructional resources to fit the needs of the student’s background, degree of disability, and learning style
- Maintains ongoing contact with parents to assist them in the development of a realistic understanding of their child's abilities, progress, and future goals
- Maintain accurate records and progress reports for student
- Experience with Braille
Interested in the position? Please send your resume and contact information to Christine.Keefe@Soliant.com or call 770-776-2104 for consideration for this career opportunity.