Soliant is partnered with a school district just outside of Brookfield, IL that is actively seeking a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TDHH) for the remainder of the current school year. This is a full time position that primarily involves working with middle school grade levels. Further details below.
Employment Type: Full Time (37.5 hours per week), Contract
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, Regular School Schedule
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Deaf Education
- Valid Professional Educator's License (PEL) in the state of Illinois with DHH endorsement
- Must be fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Previous experience in a similar setting is preferred, but not required
- Providing specialized classroom instructions for students who are deaf or hearing impaired
- Developing and implementing IEPs
- Participating in IEP meetings
- Performing hearing tests and assessments
- Collaborating effectively with parents, students, and colleagues
Interviews are being scheduled immediately in order to fill this position as quickly as possible. If you would like additional information, or would like to be considered for this opportunity, please contact Baylie Hicks directly and send an updated resume to Baylie.Hicks@Soliant.com.