One of Soliant's partners, located in the area of Poughkeepsie, NY, is interviewing applicants for a position as a Teacher of Deaf and Hard of hearing students.
Details of this position below:
- 2018-2019 school year
- Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Work with 1-2 students
- Applicants must be certified to teach Deaf and Hard-of-hearing students
- Providing direct instruction and/or consultative services to students;
- Evaluating and assessing students' academic and communication needs.
- Working in conjunction with the audiologist, train students and teachers on individual and/ or classroom amplification systems.
- Collaborating and consulting with team members to develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) that will meet student's needs.
- Adapting or modifying learning objectives as they are defined by the Common Core State Standards, and teaching to achieve said outcomes.
- Training students and staff members in the use of assistive technology devices related to hearing impairments.
- Consult with the audiologists on student’s hearing loss and use of appropriate amplification.
- Effectively communicate with both deaf and hard of hearing students, using sign language when appropriate.
- Collect data to document student progress toward IEP goals
- Maintain weekly instruction plans and consultation logs.
We seek teachers who are well-organized and who have some experience working with deaf and hard-of-hearing student populations. The ability to work well as part of a team, and to communicate with school staff and student caregivers, is essential too.
To be considered, please send an up-to-date resume to Monica Guu at firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774.