One of Soliant's partners, located in the southwest suburbs (Orland/Tinley Park, IL) of Chicago, IL is interviewing applicants for a position as a Teacher of Deaf and Hard of hearing students.
Details of this position below:
- Extended school year
- July 9th to August 9th
- Part-time hours (approx. 20 hours per week)
- Providing direct instruction and/or consultative services to students;
- Evaluating and assessing students' academic and communication needs.
- Working in conjunction with the audiologist, train students and teachers on individual and/ or classroom amplification systems.
- Collaborating and consulting with team members to develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) that will meet student's needs.
- Adapting or modifying learning objectives as they are defined by the Common Core State Standards, and teaching to achieve said outcomes.
- Training students and staff members in the use of assistive technology devices related to hearing impairments.
- Consult with the audiologists on student’s hearing loss and use of appropriate amplification.
- Effectively communicate with both deaf and hard of hearing students, using sign language when appropriate.
- Collect data to document student progress toward IEP goals
- Maintain weekly instruction plans and consultation logs.
In order to work with students who are deaf or hard of hearing, applicants must be certified by the Illinois State Board of Education.
To be considered, please send an up-to-date resume to Monica Guu at firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774.