Soliant has partnered with a school in the area of Ontario, CA to place a full-time Teacher of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Students.
Ontario is a suburb located 45 minutes from downtown Los Angeles; it is a comparatively affordable area to raise a family, and has witnessed some population growth in the last five years.
Details of the position below:
- Full-time (approx. 35 hours per week)
- Start: ASAP
- End: end of the current school year
- Providing direct instruction and/or consultative services to students;
- Evaluating and assessing students' academic and communication needs.
- Working in conjunction with the audiologist, training students and teachers on individual and/ or classroom amplification systems.
- Collaborating and consulting with team members to develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) that will meet student's needs.
- Training students and staff members in the use of assistive technology devices related to hearing impairments.
- Consult with the audiologists on student’s hearing loss and use of appropriate amplification.
- Maintain weekly instruction plans and consultation logs.
- Valid teacher credential as an Education Specialist of Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Students, issued by the Commission for Teacher Credentialing
- Up-to-date knowledge in the area of Deaf Studies and Culture essential
To be considered, please send an up-to-date resume to Monica Guu at firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774.