Soliant is partnered with a school district near Phoenix, AZ that is in immediate need of a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TDHH) for the remainder of the current school year. This is a part time position (3-4 days per week) that involves working with students ranging from grades K-8. Further information below.
- Valid AZ teaching license, with deaf/hard of hearing certification area
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card, or the ability to obtain quickly
- Previous experience in a similar setting is preferred
- Fluent in American Sign Language (ASL)
- Completing evaluations and assessments
- Using and training staff and students with assistive technology
- Providing specialized instruction to students who are deaf or hearing impaired
- participating and contributing to IEP meetings
- Communicating effectively with paretns, students, and colleagues to promote a positive education environment
Employment Type: Part Time, Contract
Work Schedule: Flexible 3-4 day per week schedule, school hours
Interviews are being conducted immediately in order to fill this position as quickly as possible. If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please contact Baylie Hicks directly and send an updated resume to Baylie.Hicks@soliant.com.