One of Soliant's long-time partners, located in Palmer, AK, is seeking applications for a Teacher of Deaf and Hard-of-hearing students.
- Providing direct instruction and/or consultative services to students;
- Evaluating and assessing students' academic and communication needs.
- Working in conjunction with the audiologist, train students and teachers on individual and/ or classroom amplification systems.
- Collaborating and consulting with team members to develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) that will meet student's needs.
- Adapting or modifying learning objectives as they are defined by the Common Core State Standards, and teaching to achieve said outcomes.
- Training students and staff members in the use of assistive technology devices related to hearing impairments.
- Consulting with the audiologists on student’s hearing loss and use of appropriate amplification.
- Communicating with both deaf and hard of hearing students, using sign language when appropriate.
- Collecting data to document student progress toward IEP goals
- Maintaining weekly instruction plans and consultation logs.
In order to work with students who are deaf or hard of hearing, applicants must be certified by the Alaska Department of Education, with a teacher certificate in the area of "Special Education - Hearing Impaired."
To be considered, please send an up-to-date resume to Monica Guu at firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774.