One of Soliant's partners, located 40 miles from Jacksonville, NC, is interviewing applicants for a position as a Teacher of Deaf and Hard of hearing students.
Details of this position below:
- Start: September 2018
- End of school year
- Itinerant: work with K-12 students throughout the district
- Providing direct instruction and/or consultative services to students;
- Evaluating and assessing students' academic and communication needs.
- Working in conjunction with the audiologist, train students and teachers on individual and/ or classroom amplification systems.
- Collaborating and consulting with team members to develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) that will meet student's needs.
- Adapting or modifying learning objectives as they are defined by the Common Core State Standards, and teaching to achieve said outcomes.
- Training students and staff members in the use of assistive technology devices related to hearing impairments.
- Consult with the audiologists on student’s hearing loss and use of appropriate amplification.
- Effectively communicate with both deaf and hard of hearing students, using sign language when appropriate.
- Collect data to document student progress toward IEP goals
- Maintain weekly instruction plans and consultation logs.
In order to work with students who are deaf or hard of hearing, applicants must be certified by the North Carolina Department of Education. For out-of-state applicants, Soliant offers guidance to the application process.
To be considered, please send an up-to-date resume to Monica Guu at firstname.lastname@example.org I welcome phone inquiries at (770) 723-3774.